As a Group, our client is focused on establishing leading market positions by providing innovative construction systems and solutions with a global reach. We are the largest division of this international manufacturing Group.
Within our core area of business, we have established an enviable position as a global leader in the design and manufacture of high quality, fire-safe systems for the construction industry.
A key member of the Divisional Engineering team, the Automation/Controls Engineer will deliver robust and compliant electrical and software process improvements and support or lead multiple engineering projects throughout the division.
The Automation Engineer will be based in North Wales but an important aspect to the role is the flexibility to travel between our sites in UK, Ireland and Europe.
- Support divisional engineering capital projects at any of the manufacturing sites
- Support, initiate, deploy and sign off process improvement and efficiency improvement modifications to manufacturing systems at any of our sites
- To carry out design and testing tasks on project proposals
- Assist the local site engineering and production department with any major breakdowns or faults at short notice
Main responsibilities of the role
- To carry out specific engineering tasks delegated to him by the Divisional Automation Manager or Divisional Engineering Director as appropriate
- Provide software/electrical engineering discipline input into project/design teams executing specific projects on site
- Produce electrical engineering design and project support deliverables in line with corporate engineering standards
- Recommend and support value added improvement initiatives where appropriate
- Attend meetings on behalf of the Controls department and take a pro-active approach contributing to the meetings from an engineering perspective
- Attend training to develop relevant self-knowledge and technical skills
- To support the local sites manufacturing process by being proactive on the correction and modification of reoccurring machine processing faults
Skills and experience required
- Significant and demonstrated experience in electrical and software engineering, a hands on Electrical Engineer degree/HND/HNC qualified or equivalent with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar environment.
- Working knowledge of PLC’s with certified training or demonstrated experience – ideally Siemens S7 300/400 with extensive programming and diagnosis experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of motion control systems deployed in a manufacturing environment with certified training or demonstrated experience – Ideally Siemens Simotion/Sinamics drive or similar motion systems
- Working knowledge of SCADA and Line reporting systems with certified training or demonstrated experience – ideally Rockwell FactoryTalk or Siemens WINCC suites
- Knowledge of object orientated programming language such as Visual Basic would be advantageous but not essential.
- Experience installing, fault finding on and configuring automation networks such as Industrial Ethernet, Profibus, Profinet etc.
- Experience in the design and installation of electrical control systems
- Ability to develop detailed electrical design drawings and post project operational documentation
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills with a ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to work autonomously an absolute must.
- Ability to use judgment and make decisions in ambiguous and complex situations
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at very short notice, is essential
- Applications in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Ref: DAE17 in the subject line.
If you feel your profile matches the job description and the skills required then please send us your CV and applications in confidence to: email@example.com quoting Ref: DAE17 in the subject line by clicking the APPLY button.
Please attach following clause:
I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my offer to be processed for the purposes of recruitment by Headcount Solutions Polska Sp. z o.o., Al. Jerozolimskie 56 c, 00-803 Warszawa, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2016, item 926 with further amendments).